Sunday, July 17, 2005

Hi everyone,
Today is Steve's day off and we all missed church (again) because we slept in. This is a bad summer habit we have and each week we commit to not sleeping in too late and then again the bed just feels too good to leave. Well, yesterday it was a sweltering day and today was pretty mild (85ish I think) so we decided to take the boys out for a bike ride. For most people this is a simple task but we have so much equipment - 3 bikes, a bike trailer, a bike seat, 6 helmets, and water for 6, plus a diaper bag - it takes us forever to get out the door. The boys love it, Gabey hates it. He has become hostile about being strapped into anything lately. We had a good time and stayed out of the house all day. Anytime we are away for long periods of time the house stays a little cleaner and that makes it worth all the work. This evening I got a couple of hours of gardening in and I feel so accomplished. Tomorrow is a busy day. Steve has his last (we hope) physical therapy appointment for his knee and I have a doctor's appointment and my sister Christine is coming to watch the boys. They are a big job and after a few hours she is worn out. I will be picking up more film tomorrow and I will try to get more summer pictures online in a day or two. If you have any questions/comments/requests post them at the end of this message and I will try to answer them right away. I don't have everyone's email in the BIG Vasquez family so please forward this link to anyone who might be interested. I am hoping that this will become a tool for us all to keep in closer contact over the miles. I have to go now and enjoy this quiet time with Steve. I have 4 sleeping boys and that is precious time around here.

Goodnight all,
Kaira

No comments: