Saturday, June 23, 2007

Going to the beach - May 29th


I really like this picture of Trish and her daughters. It is sweet to see them walking together - youngest to oldest. And, I especially like the way they are all holding hands and even their steps are the same. Steve and Gabriel are walking ahead of them. I was walking a little behind everyone and I was just enjoying the view. The path to the beach is so scenic. The woods are thick and then you walk up a hill and the path opens to a gorgeous view of Lake Michigan. I love these treasures we have in Michigan. A little bridge on the way to the beach. This little creek winds through the campground and opens to a wonderful treat on the shoreline.
This little wading pool (as I like to call it) forms at the end of the creek. It was such a treat for us because the water was warm and shallow.; and better yet, there was no need to worry about the kids getting out into the big lake, going into water too deep, or watching out for an undertow.
Matthew and Gabriel enjoy digging in the warm, white sand.
Christian and I worked hard to build a little tunnel from the lake to his hole. The whole was pretty big until the lake filled it. Gabey came to help dig it out again.

Christian, Gabriel, Paige, Emma, Matthew and Nick pose on a log. It was a perfect day to spend at the beach.



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hi Kaira and family!

Those pictures are great. Lake Michigan looks beautiful. The contrast between the beach and the tall trees with woods seems like a really fun time (2 vacations in 1).

Love,
Stephanie, William, and Ethan