Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Vacations Over

We just got home Monday evening from our 3rd and final camping trip this year. We spent 8 days at Mitchell State Park in Cadillac. We refer to that as our second home... we LOVE it there. The boys had a great time. We had a few cool days and a little rain but still enjoyed a bit of everything. We went to the drive in and saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and started to watch the Fantastic Four (I was falling asleep and we left early). We rode our bikes around the lake and went out for ice cream. The boys got to go fishing and to the beach and they flew their new kites. We had campfires and relaxed (think afternoon naps for all of us) and just enjoyed our family time away!!! I wish I could go back today! Well, when we came home, things got busy~ the A/C broke in the van on the way home (about a $900 repair), I have about 50 loads of laundry, Matthew who is potty training peed on the couch, Christian and Matthew removed the cabinet doors in the bathroom (yes, they took them off the cabinets for God knows why???), and so on. Oh, and our microwave died while we were camping so today when I went to heat up my chicken I had no microwave... AHHHHH, it is good to be home. Yes, that is a little sarcasm. On a more positive note, all of my flowers survived the time away thanks to Kassy and Cara ~ I was so happy to pull up and see them all in bloom.

On to other news, Nicolas starts school on the 30th. He isn't so excited about that but 3rd grade is almost here. I can hardly believe he is in 3rd grade already! Christian starts school on the 12th of September and he is very excited about that. He is in the 4 year old "Dinosaur" class. His friends Mikayla and Talaina will be joining him and we are so glad. Gabey is pulling himself up on everything and we think the little guy will be walking in no time.

Christian turns 4 tomorrow!!! I don't know where the time goes but it sure goes fast! He is excited and his Grandma and Grandpa are coming over tomorrow night for cake.

Well, I will get pictures online this week. I have a zillion and one things to do but I will get to it. Right now I have to go switch my laundry and clean up the kitchen and give Gabey a bottle and tell Matthew that it is not nice to pinch Christian and tell Christian that "NO, he can not sleep in my bed because Matthew pinched him".


Have a good week!
Kaira

No comments: